TVLT is pleased to announce a new contribution agreement with IRCC for fiscal years 2017 – 2020. This agreement will allow the LearnIT2teach Project to continue to provide Edulinc blended learning courseware for LINC classes across Canada, and continue to train teachers to use the courseware to create blended learning classes. The project team will also continue to augment and improve what we offer learners, teachers and LINC service providers.
The LearnIT2teach team will continue to:
- Provide Stages 1, 2, 3, 4 of teacher training through a coast-to-coast network of expert mentors and regional partners;
- Partner with TESL Ontario to support PTCT accreditation for Ontario TESL teachers who’ve completed Stages 3 and 4 of the teacher training;
- Create and distribute informal professional development through the Live Help chat option, twitter feed, articles and podcasts on our project portal and Tutela webinars;
- Provide online training in Learning Technology Innovation Leadership to sector managers and aspiring lead teachers;
- Apply a strategy for continuous improvement of all our tools and services through a Participatory Action Research model.
Some of the highlights planned for 2017 – 18:
- Updating the learner courses to CLB levels from LINC levels;
- Further developing tools and techniques to support PBLA;
- Continuing to modify and update the courseware to support delivery on tablets and cellphones;
- A pilot of synchronous online delivery of Edulinc courseware for learners who have geographical or other barriers to conventional face-to-face learning;
- Consultation with the IRCC-funded language training sector to move ahead the national learning management system project.