- Preference will be given to candidates who have completed LearnIT2Teach Stage 2.
- Note: Successful incumbent must complete LearnIT2Teach Stage 2 training by March 2016.
We have a new online chat system for our Web Portal.
You will see it on the bottom right hand side of the web page when you are on our portal. If we are online, you will see the image on the bottom right corner. If we are unavailable, you will still see a green tab and if you click on it, you can send us an email to respond to.
The LearnIT2Teach Team
A LearnIT2teach invitation to CIC-funded language program administrators
LISTN is hiring a mentor for the LearnIT2Teach training program that will begin in August 2015 with a current completion date of March 31, 2016.
The LearnIT2teach project provides BC LINC teachers with the technology tools to implement blended learning in their programs, as well as a free four stage teacher training and professional development program to master the tools. Teacher participants will learn how to integrate online learning through four stages of training.
Mentor Role and Responsibilities:
Work with LISTN staff and the other mentor to schedule Stage 1, face-to-face sessions.
Prepare for and deliver Stage 1, face-to-face sessions with the other mentor.
Mentor other teachers as they complete the first three stages of training.
Mentoring will be done online.
The number of mentees each mentor will work with will depend on how many teachers progress through the training and at what rate.
Remuneration: $60/hour (on deliverables, defined as each time a mentee completes a stage).
- Have completed Stage 3 of the LearnIT2Teach training.
- Have a good understanding of the LearnIT2teach teacher training and the LINC courseware
- Be experienced with learning management systems, preferably 2-3 years teaching with Moodle
- Be able to champion computer-assisted language learning
- Be an experienced adult language teacher, ideally in the Canadian settlement language training sector
- Have experience training and/or supporting ESL teachers using technology
- Be helpful and patient, especially when assisting teachers who are not technically inclined
- Be able to communicate effectively online using different technologies (e.g. email, Skype, discussion forums, Web 2.0 technologies, etc.)
- Have enthusiasm and an aptitude for learning and using new technologies
- Have good presentation skills
- Be web savvy and be comfortable troubleshooting issues with web browser plug-ins and settings
- Have a solid foundation in blended learning (knowledge and experience)
- Stage 4 mentoring: a knowledge of Hot Potatoes, Web 2.0, project-based learning, Creative Commons, Tutela
- Able to travel locally and regionally to deliver face-to-face workshops
- Live in the BC lower mainland
Application Content: A cover letter, resume or C.V. with the names of two current references. In addition, if interviewed, you may be asked to send samples of relevant curricular or classroom materials you have developed.
Applications can be submitted to:
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Friday, July 31, 2015.
We would like to welcome all the participants in New Brunswick to our training event.
On Wednesday June 23, 2015 two of the LearnIT2Teach trainers will be conducting a Stage 1 training event in Fredericton New Brunswick. The event will be held at the Multicultural Association of Fredericton.
Edulinc.org and learnit2teach.org sites are back up and running. If you have any issues please let us know.
support @ learnit2teach.ca