The National LINC Online Curriculum (NLOC) project is pleased to invite avenue.ca users to our second round of testing of online courseware units for CLB-3 and CLB-4 units. This Fall, we invite you to peruse through and test the following units:
|CLB||Unit Name||Unit Theme||Unit Length|
|3||Understanding Debit Card Safety||Banking||~4 hours|
|3||Using Local Transportation||Community||~4 hours|
|4||Talking About a Neighbourhood Problem||Home and Neighbourhood||~5 hours|
The courseware is targeted for self-directed learning, however it also offers flexibility as units can be delivered as part of a blended learning model. In both cases, it is important for instructors and learners to complete a unit in sequence. We recommend that learners go through the Orientation to the NLOC Courseware unit and that instructors use the introduction to NLOC Courseware video. These will be made available with any unit you choose.
What is in it for LINC instructors?
An opportunity to
· Save time in class preparation.
· Teach using off-the-shelf, PBLA-aligned online LINC courseware units.
· Contribute to the improvement of LINC courseware.
What is the commitment?
· Use at least one unit (about 4-5 hours of classroom time) in your LINC class.
· Complete a short online questionnaire per unit.
· Have your learners complete a short online questionnaire per unit.
- Post comments or concerns in a teachers’ forum (not mandatory but encouraged).
- Attend a Zoom interview with the NLOC team (not mandatory but encouraged). You will receive an Amazon gift card as a token of appreciation for your participation.
We kindly request that you track your learners’ hours to complete the course to the best of your ability.
How can I request NLOC online units?
1. From August 20th, 2022, log in on Avenue.ca at any time and search “NLOC courseware”.
- Peruse the units available and decide which one you would like to add and use in your LINC course.
- Complete the registration form. Please ensure the registration form is completed by 4PM EST on Friday, September 9th, 2022. Courses will be made available to you within 2-3 weeks following this date.
Can I take a peek and decide later?
Of course! You can add units to your LINC course at any time starting in September 2022.
How can I receive more details about these online courseware units?
- If you would like to be kept informed of project progress, you can sign up to receive quarterly email updates.
- If you have any questions, please feel to contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your time and contributions to the creation of PBLA-aligned NLOC courseware.