- Avenue Leadership Training now formatted as microcredentials
- Participants build skills as lead teachers or managers
- Grow your learning tech skills with a community of LINC or CLIC colleagues
- MLITSD-funded Adult Language Training professionals are now eligible
- Choose the Introduction microcredential to get started (about 2.5 hours)
- Complete the ten microcredentials to earn a Leadership Certificate
- Engage with videos, readings, audio podcasts and discussion forums
- Dive deep on the Brand New Avenue Learning Technology Standards
- Apply innovations and leadership principles to your language program
- Take a dive into Universal Design for Learning and the SAMR model
- Develop a strategic plan to improve local learning technology uptake and teaching/learning practices
2023 Course Framework Embraces Microcredentialling
The technology leadership courses were released in 2015. Since then, several hundred LINC pros have made their way through. But we decided early this year the course content needed refreshing. That’s done, but we’ve taken things a step further by re-formatting the course as ten microcredentials. The course is now divided into ten mini-courses, each of which will take about 2.5 – 3 hours to complete.
Every time a participant completes a microcredential, a digital badge will be awarded. Once all ten microcredentials are completed, a certificate in newcomer language training learning technology leadership will be awarded.
We invite professionals in IRCC or MLITSD-funded language programs like LINC, CLIC or Ontario Adult Language Training to request enrolment.
The course is mentored and delivered online through Avenue.ca. Participants in the course have self-identified as technology leaders, and their forum posts reflect valuable lessons from their local language training programs.
The Introduction & the Ten Micro-courses:
- Avenue Leadership Course Introduction (a pre-requisite for the other nine)
- Technology-enhanced language learning (TELL) & Computer-assisted language learning (CALL)
- Blended Language Teaching and Learning
- The Avenue Project
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Avenue Teacher Technology Standards
- Avenue Student Technology Standards
- Avenue Program Technology Standards
- Program Performance
- Leadership & Innovations Theory
Micro-courses can be completed in any order after a participant completes the Introduction. Participants progress at their own pace and as their schedules allow. Please note that all microcredentials are not complete yet. We are working to complete them all over the next few months.
If you are looking to delve deeper into the question of learning technology innovation in the newcomer language training sector, here’s a link to the enrolment form.